Slog 2

– How are you preparing for the quizzes/tests?

– Are there any images you've made, or even functions to create images, that you enjoyed or are proud of?

– Are there things you initially found hard or intimidating, but now understand? How did you get to that point?

– Would you like to ask questions in tutorial, the CSC104 TA o ffice hours, the general CS Help Centre hours, or on Piazza, but have trouble doing so? What could make that easier for you?

In terms of quizzes I make sure to do the weekly output assignment and it is working for me. The assignments help make sure that I understand the quiz content well. If I don't understand something then I usually go ask for help from another student but if that does not work then I go ask a TA for help. In terms of the test, I do the past exams because even though they are not exactly the same they give me a good idea of what to expect on the test. Just as I would with the quizzes, if I do not understand something I seek help from my classmates or TA's.

At the moment I take everything we learn and I usually just play around with it until I believe I have a solid understanding of it. Sometimes this leads to pictures which I like and sometimes it does not work and I have to keep trying. In the end I usually end up with images I enjoy, and most recently I had created an image which was a pattern created by overlaying the outlines of squares in a specific way.

Initially I was a bit confused when we would define a letter to mean an entire function and then added conditions to that, but after a bit of practice I realized it was much easier than I thought. I still believe that when it comes to this the best way to learn is to practice and try different things because thats how it stick in my memory.

Currently I believe the resources we have available to ask questions are enough and I have never felt the need to find help and was unable to. At the moment I do not believe anything needs to be done to office or centre hours and things should remain as they are now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SLOG

SLOG 3