SLOG

- Why did you choose CSC104?

I have always found the idea of programming interesting but I never truly got around to doing it. I figured taking this class would help me make a decision regarding whether or not I want to keep doing it and have it be a viable career option. My hope is to be knowledgable regarding computer science in order to have a basic knowledge of many things.

– What did you expect programming to be like, and how does it compare with your experience in the course so far? (If you programmed before, how is programming in this course similar, and how is it different?)

The only type of programming I have done before is CSS and HTML but that was different in the sense that with HTML it was more like designing webpages compared to this class. I also didn't see how much went in to making something small but I find that thats what makes the different actions interesting. It also helped me have a very minimal understanding as to how computer programs function.

– What do you fi nd interesting so far?

Honestly, I cant say there is one thing that is the most interesting because I was never truly aware of capabilities of programming. This has helped me understand everything that can be done. One example is booleans and how you can check your code because that is something I never knew could be done.

– What do you find hard so far? Is the course easier or harder than you expected?

The course is actually a bit easier than I expected but at the same time it is getting more difficult because as I learn more it is harder to remember the first things I learned. I feel like as long as I practice with the code the I learn recently and combine with what I already know and learned initially then I keep my knowledge up.

– How did you study for the quizzes? Are you satis ed with your performance on them; if not, what do you plan to change?

In order to study for quizzes I usually do the assignments posted as well practice doing other things with the code and see how it works out and if something doesn't work out I understand what went wrong and try to fix it. Yes I am satisfied with my performance on all quizzes except for one question on one quiz. In that question I feel like I understood the concepts well but the issue is when writing the question I didn't keep it organized which confused me in the end given that there were time constraints.

– Are there any speci fic Computer Science topics you're interested in?

One aspect of computer science that I am interested in is game design because I always enjoy games and I always wondered how they were made. In some cases I get thoughts where I think I would have done something differently which is when I wish I had knowledge in that field.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slog 2

SLOG 3